But there are just some lessons that are easiest to learn in a cake decorating class. You can find great classes in a few places in your community:
- large craft stores
- cooking schools
- private classes with a professional cake decorator
You could even form your own class or club by getting together with other local cake decorators to learn a new skill. Post an ad on Craigslist or Meet-Up to find them, and plan an initial meeting somewhere public so you can talk about what you’d all like to learn.
The benefits of cake decorating classes include:
- feedback from other decorators – if that dog you made actually looks like a tow truck, don’t you want to know?
- you can ask questions and get immediate answers
- you can watch how other cake decorators fix their goofs rather than just seeing the finished product
- cake!! after all - it would be a shame to let it all go to waste!